Department of Kaumarbhrittya / Balrog
Post Graduate Facility is available in this Department
(Intake - 6 Students per year)
Teaching Staff :-
- Madhavi Sanjay Deodas (B.A.M.S., DGO - Stree Prasuti) - Professor & HOD.
- Dr. Sudha Dayanand Singh (M.D.) - Associate Professor
- Dr. Deepa Satish Khasgiwala (B.A.M.S., M.D.) - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Prashant Madhukar Wankhede (B.A.M.S.,M.D.) - Assistant Professor
Importance of Kaumarbhrittya :-
Kaumarbhrittya is one among the eight branch of Ayurveda, which takes cases of the health & pediatric community since conception to 16 yrs. As nearly 50% population comes under below 18 yrs. shows significance & practical utility of this branch. There is a wide scope for Ayurveda in pediatric practice eg.
- To increase immunity of child
- To provide best mental health case
- Excellent supportive management of malnutrition
- Management of allergic disorders, especially respiratory allergies
This branch has various specialties for new born & growing children. Dietary and behavioral guidelines, maintains the healthy status of a child & all round development. From diagnostic & the treatment point of view children are delicate & this branch help from every point of view, for the same.Activities by Kaumarbhrittya department in College of Ayurved & Research Centre.
- Organizing child health camps at C.A.R.C. & nearby villages
- Health check-up in the nearby schools, every year.
- Organizing a 'Child Health Competition & Vaccination Program' every year.
- Regular Anganwadi screening camp for malnourished childrens.
- Project on Malnutrition with the help of P.C.M.C.
Research project completed :-
"To observe the effect of Medhavihi drug on mentally retarded children" in collaboration with vatsal pharmacy.
Ongoing research project:-
"Study the role of Suvarnaprashan in comparison with goghrita in children".
- Nearly 90 to 95% result every year.
- Arranged "Guest Lectures"
- Arranged Departmental Seminars.
- Attend various National Seminars & RoTP (Re-orientation Training Program) held by AYUSH Department.
Suvarnaprashan Camp for Children's:-
We organize "Suvarnaprashan Camp" every month on Pushya Nakshatra & nearly 400 children participate in this camp.
17.11.2011 - On the occasion of Children's Day we conduct the free camp of Suvarnaprashan in association with Central Bank of India, Nigdi Branch. In this activity total 50 children got free Suvarnaprashan Dose.
Dr. Deodas got teacher research fellowship from M.U.H.S. Nashik for Suvarnaprashan activity.
Under this project Pune District Education Association's school going students are involved.