Department of Sanskrit, Samhita and Siddhant (Basic Principles)
Post Graduate Facility is available in this Department for the subject Samhita.
(Intake - 2 Students per year)
Teaching Staff :-
The department gives the knowledge of basic principles of Ayurved.
- Dr. Yogita Abhijit Jamdade (B.A.M.S., M.D. Ayurved) - Professor & HOD
- Dr. Sandip Subhashrao Khandalikar (B.A.M.S., M.D. Ayurved) - Associate Professor
- Dr. Chinmay Pradeep Phadke (B.A.M.S., M.D.) - Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Swati Kishor Dhamdhere (M.A.Sanskrit,M.Phill,B.Ed.) - Assistant Professor(Sanskrit Subject)
- Dr. Divyashree K.S. (B.A.M.S., M.D. Ayurved) - Assistant Professor
SUBJECTS COVERED BY THIS DEPARTMENT FOR U.G. (B.A.M.S.) :-
This is a compulsory subject for the first year students. The knowledge of Sanskrit helps to understand the meaning in between lines of the Ayurvedic texts.
Padarth Vigyan :-
Substance knowledge - The concepts and ethics, the subject forms the strong base of Ayurved by giving philosophical understanding of Ayurved.
History of Ayurved - It is very necessary to know the history of the concerned science. The history will clarify the birth, development and ups and downs of the Ayurvedic science.
This is the time tested authentic text of Ayurvedic science, this text is taught to make the students understand its way of understanding the principles and practice of Ayurvedic Meidicine.
It is also an Authentic text like a ready reckoner in Ayurvedic medical practice.
SUBJECTS COVERED BY THIS DEPARTMENT FOR P.G.(M.D. AYURVED) :-
Maulik Siddhant :-
Basic Principles of Ayurveda described in various Ayurvedic text i.e. Ayurved Samhita.
Extra Activities of this Department :-
This department organizes various Lectures, Lecture series and camps / workshop for Layman and senior citizens jointly with "Bahishaal Department of M.U.H.S. Nashik."