Department of Shalakyatantra (Ear, Nose, Throat-E.N.T. & Ophthalmology)
Post Graduate Facility is available in this Department
(Intake - 6 Students per year)
Teaching Staff :-
- Dr. Chandana Abhay Virkar (B.A.M.S., D.O., M.S.) - Professor & HOD
- Dr. Aparna Prakash Bhoite (B.A.M.S.,M.S.) - Associate Professor
- Dr. Manisha Pravin Pingale (B.A.M.S., M.S.) - Associate Professor
- Dr. Sandeep Walmik Darunde - (B.A.M.S., M.S.) - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Khole Shraddha Shirish (B.A.M.S., M.S. Ayurved) - Assistant Professor
In Shalakyatantra, diseases occurring in 'Urdhvanga' i.e. diseases of head and neck region, ENT & Ophthalmology can be learnt.
Department is actively involved in treating patients medically & surgically.
Department also renders some special Ayurvedic treatments like Panchakarma, Netratarpan etc. in different diseases like retinopathy, degenerative conditions of eye.
Organizing free 'Squint Surgery Camp' every year, to serve needy, poor patients in community.
In 2010:- Mega Squint Camp was organized by Department in which 157 Squint Surgeries were performed in 2 days.
Departmental Research Projects: - To treat diseases of 21st Century (Like dry eye, syndrome, computer vision syndrome) with the help of Ayurveda.